Jan

Survivor 33 Demo Updated

Author Brant    Category All, Updates     Tags

The demo of Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X has been updated to version #2.

Notable Changes in Version #2:

– Vote By Vote Display: Redesigned to address plurality issue with the old system.
– Multiple revotes can occur if deadlock (same number of targets tied for consecutive votes) is not reached. This can lead to some very unusual scenarios.
– Idol Improvements: Immunity idols and legacy advantage should be played and blundered more realistically based on logic and statistics.
– Medevacs and quits have been implemented. Update: The probabilities for these have been reduced.

A few parts still need improved in version #3 including better voting (incorporating targets and alliances better, adding split votes, adding reasoning) and better final tribal council logic and display.

The Survivor tribal council system is always very complex. Since this is a new version of Survivor code, there are many issues that require testing and correcting. If you find any scenarios that trigger bugs, it would be appreciated if you could report them. Thank you.

40 Comments to “Survivor 33 Demo Updated”

• Profile photo of Brendan
    Brendan [Member] January 7, 2017 at 3:36 am

Quitters should not be on the jury from season 22 (Redemption Island) onward.

This can force a 4-4 jury tie in Cagayan, but you already have a way to handle that thanks to Micronesia.

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 7, 2017 at 1:35 pm

Thanks!

• Profile photo of Carson
    Carson [Member] January 7, 2017 at 4:06 am

If I’m not mistaken, the Legacy Advantage can only be played on the owner?

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 7, 2017 at 1:35 pm

The description said it can be given away, but not stolen. I don’t think it mentioned if it could be played on anyone else. Right now if the holder is immune, they play it on someone else.

• Profile photo of Brendan
        Brendan [Member] January 7, 2017 at 4:16 pm

As I mentioned in my email, the LA is assumed to not be transferable unless the holder is eliminated.

• Profile photo of Carson
        Carson [Member] January 8, 2017 at 3:06 am

Ok, thanks!

• Sam [Guest] January 7, 2017 at 4:19 am

When will no logic style of simulating be available?

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 7, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Maybe today. Now that most of the pieces are in place, it will be easier to activate without changing much up.

• MATTHEW & KATHRYN BRIGHT [Guest] January 7, 2017 at 5:44 am

When do u think the final version will be out? And also run working on total drama Action?

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 7, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Rough, general outlines are done for all of the Total Drama seasons, but there aren’t any specific plans. This could change in the very near future.

In order to stay on track with this month’s scheduling, I’d say having both The Duel and Survivor 33 done by January 15th would work out well. That would give two weeks for #BBOTT, #SurvivorAU, and other reorganizational plans.

• Profile photo of Joel
    Joel [Member] January 7, 2017 at 7:45 am

What I’ve realised is that someone who is not considered a target at tribal gets votes anyway sometimes and gets voted off. Also the amount of quitting is quite high. 2 games and 5 quits all together.

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 7, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Thanks. The targeting system is not quite right at the moment, but all feedback helps provide perspective on it.

• Profile photo of Shane
    Shane [Member] January 7, 2017 at 8:19 am

In one sim I did here, Zeke won the final immunity challenge, only to quit right after being guaranteed a spot in the final 3!

• Anonymous Pal [Guest] January 7, 2017 at 10:16 am

I found a glitch – in my simulator in Episode 6 nuTakali lost again and they had 4 people going to tribal – Lucy/Taylor/Jay/Chris
    Jay played his idol but it was a 2-2 vote between Lucy and Chris and instead of Taylor automatically going home, Jay was rocked out when he should have been immune because of playing his idol.

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 7, 2017 at 1:48 pm

This is really helpful feedback. Thanks.

In testing, I saw a few bugs and fixed them, but I know there are more weaknesses in the algorithm that need worked out. I’m primarily concerned with how voting is handled and making it sure it follows the correct rules at the moment. Then the AI can be addressed.

• Anonymous Pal [Guest] January 7, 2017 at 10:22 am

I also think there’s too many quits – my game had four quits (at F19, F9, F7 and F4)

• Profile photo of Brant
    Brant [Admin] January 7, 2017 at 1:33 pm

I forgot to mention that the probabilities of quitting and medevacs was exaggerated for test purposes. I’ll reduce them to be more realistic soon.

• Scott [Guest] January 7, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Will there be a voting table in the next demo/update ?

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 7, 2017 at 3:04 pm

I would like there to be a voting table, but I’m not sure if there will be or not at the current time.

• Profile photo of Shane
    Shane [Member] January 7, 2017 at 6:34 pm

I know this is kind of customary, but when someone is eliminated via rock draw, maybe have it say “[Name], the game has spoken.” Just a suggestion that I have since it was done when Jessica was eliminated.

• Profile photo of Brendan
      Brendan [Member] January 8, 2017 at 9:18 pm

I don’t have access to the older seasons right now, but I’m fairly certain that the other two rock drawings (and the Kimmi unanimous decision) used “the tribe has spoken” for this.

• Profile photo of Liam Cipher
    Liam Cipher [Member] January 7, 2017 at 6:41 pm

There’s one thing i noticed on the Duel simulator about episode two. I watched the show, and the players are supposed to have 6 rings, not 10. Also you were right about how they say who wasnt picked before the final pick, but it because of the elimination of the other gender. you might be able to point that out in the full version

• Profile photo of Mikey Camacho
    Mikey Camacho [Member] January 7, 2017 at 8:38 pm

When someone Quits or is medevaced it doesn’t specify which has occurred, only says this person is no longer in the game. Can this please be specified so we don’t have to wait til the placements to find out

• Profile photo of Chris
      Chris [Member] January 8, 2017 at 10:16 am

I believe it says it under the “Events” heading on a previous page.

• Profile photo of Mikey Camacho
        Mikey Camacho [Member] January 8, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Thanks guy haha I guess on my first playthrough I didn’t pay enough attention to events to see it lol thank you

• Anonymous Pal [Guest] January 8, 2017 at 1:16 pm

It says so in the Tribe Events

• Hali [Guest] January 8, 2017 at 10:56 am

In the final 6 tribal council (Finale Part 1), Both the immunity idol holder (Reynold) and the Legacy Advantage holder (Whitney) played there respective items, and nullified all votes cast. In the revote however, both Reynold and Whitney got votes again, when it should of been a revote between the 3 people that aren’t immune.

Images –

• Profile photo of Addison
    Addison [Member] January 10, 2017 at 12:39 am

The person who plays the Legacy Advantage would not have to draw rocks in the event of a deadlocked tie, just a note.

• Profile photo of Brendan
      Brendan [Member] January 10, 2017 at 1:31 am

Correct. The Legacy Advantage acts like a Hidden Immunity Idol with special restrictions on its use and transferral.

• Dylan [Guest] January 10, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Small bug I found: in the below scenario, Tyson played his idol at Tribal Council and still had to draw rocks with the rest of the group: http://imgur.com/a/eDbMx.

• Hali [Guest] January 10, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Images –

Sorry if you already got this comment, but it still says awaiting moderation, and want to guarantee that you see this and can fix the bug

• Terri [Guest] January 10, 2017 at 8:11 pm

There seems to be some correlation between alphabetical order and eliminations in the Survivor demo. For example, 9 times out of 10 either Adam, Hannah or Figgy seem to be the first person voted out from their tribe – or with the Gen Xers, Bret, Chris or CeCe. I’ve ran this a few times now and they are almost always the first people voted out depending on who goes to tribal first, even when stats are changed.

• Jake Miner [Guest] January 11, 2017 at 12:46 am

OMG your are right! I simulated 5 times and Hannah and Adam have always been first out

• Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon [Member] January 11, 2017 at 4:44 am

I have had votes where it’s went to rocks. However, if a person plays an idol, they should be immune from the rocks, as provided by Ken being immune when Jessica went via rocks.

• Profile photo of Brant
    Brant [Admin] January 11, 2017 at 9:16 pm

Getting really good feedback so far. Version 3 is getting closer.

• Profile photo of Freddy
    Freddy [Member] January 11, 2017 at 11:37 pm

One thing I’ve noticed that I thought was odd: whenever someone is “impressing” the tribe, the next episode’s relationship highlights show that others generally *dislike* them more than they did. That just seems counter-intuitive.

• Profile photo of Simon
    Simon [Member] January 13, 2017 at 10:23 pm

I know it’s not the most urgent thing but would be class to see the ‘custom’ options back where you can just chose from the casts already on Brantsteele – I love replaying the simulator but with returnee players and it’s always nicer when you have the accompanying picture.

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 13, 2017 at 10:31 pm

What simulators are missing this option? As far as I can think, all of them have it now.

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 13, 2017 at 10:32 pm

Or by Custom, do you mean just the casts of your own characters that you saved onto your account?

Account

Who’s Online

There are no users currently online

Twitter: brantsteele

Partnerships

Big Brother ORG Wiki - Play Big Brother online against groups of new people as you compete in competitions, build relationships and alliances, and conspire to take everyone out to win the game!

Survivor ORG Wiki - Experience the game of Survivor online. Strategize, make alliances, and take part in challenges as you play against people from all over the world.

Survivor Wiki - Study everything Survivor with Survivor Wiki's vast array of information on contestants, tribes, seasons, episode summaries, challenges, twists, and more!

Recent Reddit Posts