Jan

The Challenge: The Duel Simulator Demo

Author Brant    Category All, Updates     Tags

The Challenge: The Duel simulator has been released in Demo form.

Some of the challenges are completed and have been added with full details while the challenges that are in progress have been disabled and replaced with generic challenge text. This simulator uses full logic, but the reasoning descriptions were replaced with generic reasoning text because they need to be improved. A full release should occur this month. Some of the recent challenges were not tested very thoroughly, so any user feedback, testing, and bug reports would be appreciated. Thank you.

The next blog entry should be posted on Friday night with the second version of the Survivor 33 algorithm.

25 Comments to “The Challenge: The Duel Simulator Demo”

• Profile photo of AliceRian
    AliceRian [Member] January 3, 2017 at 11:10 pm

Came to check, nothing. Decided to refresh before returning to my tv show… omg the duel! Have to try it out now XD TY!

• Profile photo of Liam Cipher
    Liam Cipher [Member] January 3, 2017 at 11:17 pm

I have a couple bugs to point out. First off, the alliances are just called Alliance Name, and on episode 1 when i proceed to the challenge, it skips me to the final challenge. That’s all I saw now, I’ll check if there’s more

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 3, 2017 at 11:23 pm

Thanks, fixed both of these. The alliance names will adjust when you re-simulate.

• Profile photo of Brant
    Brant [Admin] January 3, 2017 at 11:19 pm

There should have been better player reasoning text, but apparently I overwrote these with code related to Survivor at some point in the past several months. I didn’t realize the issue until earlier tonight.

I’ll be able to restore the original reasoning descriptions in the near future.

• Profile photo of Liam Cipher
    Liam Cipher [Member] January 4, 2017 at 12:37 am

I found 2 more bugs. First off, in most episodes at the selection process, it lists who wasn’t picked before the last selection. Also in episode 12, when the teams have to break the ice blocks, some people only grab one block and break two. Some don’t have any blocks at all and break about 3.

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 4, 2017 at 6:24 pm

I’ll look more closely into the episode 12 challenge. I believe when Jacob and I were planning, we set those who weren’t picked before the last selection because that was how the show did it, but I’ll double check.

• Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon [Member] January 4, 2017 at 8:01 am

Hey Brant. Just a minor typo I spotted
    Where the news is on .com, it says 1/3/16. We went back a year? XD

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 4, 2017 at 6:25 pm

I originally said 1/13/16 and thought I fixed it by changing it to 1/3/16. Oops. Thanks.

• Profile photo of Matt
    Matt [Member] January 4, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Could we get an explanation of the format on the format page?

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 4, 2017 at 6:26 pm

That’ll be added. It was one of the final things on the to-do-list.

• Profile photo of Evan
    Evan [Member] January 4, 2017 at 2:22 pm

In the second challenge it says “CT places a ring on on the pole of Brad”

• Profile photo of Alex
    Alex [Member] January 4, 2017 at 3:01 pm

brant can you make an apprentice simulator

• Profile photo of Finn Jones
    Finn Jones [Member] January 4, 2017 at 3:02 pm

Can you add the cast that I send you on twitter? Plz

• Profile photo of Natalie
    Natalie [Member] January 4, 2017 at 4:50 pm

Not sure if this has been said or not or if it only happened to me but the loyalty settings if I create the alliances on the first week is different then what I had input

• Profile photo of Natalie
      Natalie [Member] January 4, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Also another thing I noticed (again not sure if already mentioned or only a problem for me) but in The Challenge on episode 1 it doesnt show who unlocks the harness first for the girls yet shows their picture. Its just a minor thing but I just thought I would bring it up

• Profile photo of Natalie
        Natalie [Member] January 4, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Also in Episode 15 during the challenge it says Girls compete for prize and guys compete for safety even though both compete for safety in the end and the two losers of each gender compete in the duel

• Profile photo of Brant
    Brant [Admin] January 4, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback. The bugs will continue to be fixed, along with Survivor 33.

• Profile photo of Liam Cipher
    Liam Cipher [Member] January 4, 2017 at 11:31 pm

I also noticed that cast photos don’t work. I might have typed the link wrong though

• pingu55 [Guest] January 5, 2017 at 8:16 am

Hi is it possible inplemate a function that user can decide who win the duel each episode? Like bb1 publics vote

• Profile photo of justyn morin
    justyn morin [Member] January 5, 2017 at 4:28 pm

The plaacements are a bit confusion

• Profile photo of justyn morin
    justyn morin [Member] January 5, 2017 at 4:30 pm

I rate the sim a 8 out of 10

• Profile photo of justyn morin
    justyn morin [Member] January 5, 2017 at 4:30 pm

I rate the sim a 7 out of 10

• Profile photo of Liam Cipher
    Liam Cipher [Member] January 5, 2017 at 11:13 pm

When will saved seasons be added?

• Profile photo of Arcturus Dean
    Arcturus Dean [Member] January 6, 2017 at 2:49 am

not sure if it’s a bug, because I’ve never seen the Challenge. But i’d assume the person who isn’t picked for safety, goes into the elimination Duel. But for some reason the Duel player is randomly selected, and then they pick someone they want to play against. I don’t understand why it’s randomly decided.

Also, you said this:
    “we set those who weren’t picked before the last selection because that was how the show did it, but I’ll double check.”

That may be true, but on a simulator it just seems weird and out of place. Like in Total Drama Marshmallow Ceremony, if there was 2 people left and the host is like “Owen you’re out” then “Gwen recieves the final Marshmallow”. But that’s just my opinion.

Also, the poll challenge made no sense to me. They were taking rings off others polls, then placing rings on others polls? When the descprition comes, it might help me understand that.

Also, when the ice challenge happens, some people get “0” even if they did break ice cubes.

I like how in most challenges, guys score better than girls. I’m not sexist, but science tells us men are naturally stronger, so I would expect, on average the males should get higher scores on physical score-based challenges.

One last thing, I’ve noticed one person seems to win basically every challenge, this isn’t necersarrily a bug, but I thought I should share, since it’s happened a few times

• Profile photo of Chill Out
    Chill Out [Member] January 6, 2017 at 8:50 pm

There’s a weird bug for the team not playing for safety in the first two challenges.

In Challenge 1, for the group playing for reward, it just shows a picture of the winner without saying ” opens the hatch!” or whatever the text is supposed to be.

In Challenge 2, again for the group playing for reward, once a winner is decided no image shows up and it says “wins with rings left”.

Neither of these bugs occur for the team playing for safety, which I find interesting.

Account

Who’s Online

There are no users currently online

Twitter: brantsteele

Partnerships

Big Brother ORG Wiki - Play Big Brother online against groups of new people as you compete in competitions, build relationships and alliances, and conspire to take everyone out to win the game!

Survivor ORG Wiki - Experience the game of Survivor online. Strategize, make alliances, and take part in challenges as you play against people from all over the world.

Survivor Wiki - Study everything Survivor with Survivor Wiki's vast array of information on contestants, tribes, seasons, episode summaries, challenges, twists, and more!

Recent Reddit Posts