Jan

2017 Poll & Other Plans

Author Brant    Category All, Updates     Tags

Thank you to those of you who have applied for volunteer positions so far. There have been some strong applications, but I haven’t had a chance to respond to them quite yet. In the first 2017 poll, Big Brother Over The Top led Australian Survivor 2016 with 58% of votes from 227 users. Both of these simulators are intended to be created this month while other plans are finalized, along with finishing the The Challenge: The Duel and Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X. There will be another post with a demo of The Duel later in the night.

The next user poll is the following question: Which of these plans would you most prefer to see BrantSteele.com do in 2017?

OPTION A: – Create the rest of the seasons for The Challenge and Total Drama.
OPTION B: – Create simulators for new shows or original concepts.
OPTION C: – Develop more sophisticated versions (custom templates, interactive features, better logic) of existing simulators.

You can answer the poll here and discuss your answer in the comments. For example, which simulators or new concepts would you most like to see? Which current simulators do you most want to be improved? Many of you have sent contact messages and posted comments with your suggestions, but this is the best place to discuss them. Feel free to comment on other users’ suggestions. These comments and polls are intended to gauge user interest, but more detailed discussions and surveys will be the deciding factor in 2017 plans.

Yesterday, the server’s hard drive was close to 100% full, so there were some performance and saving issues in the simulators. Enough space was cleared to prevent this problem for a few more days. On Sunday, saved seasons of The Hunger Games Simulator that have not been marked with Keep Longer will start being removed after 30 days rather than 60. This is the same deletion policy that the other BrantSteele.net simulators have.

The BrantSteele Blog was also updated to a new version of WordPress. Please report if you see any issues. Thank you!

Update: A new poll with more specific potential plan options was added.

24 Comments to “2017 Poll & Other Plans”

• Profile photo of Brant
    Brant [Admin] January 3, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Lots of support for Option A so far. Just curious – are you interested in more seasons of The Challenge, Total Drama, or both?

• Profile photo of Alex
      Alex [Member] January 3, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Both!

• Profile photo of Jelaminah
      Jelaminah [Member] January 3, 2017 at 9:06 pm

I’d be more interested in The Challenge personally.

• Joshua [Guest] January 3, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Someone told me on zwooper (Survivor / Big Brother website) they would want all the total drama seasons out that’s why I voted A

• Profile photo of AliceRian
      AliceRian [Member] January 3, 2017 at 10:12 pm

The Challenge for sure! Lots of varying formats. TDI is basically just a spoof of other formats(Surv) so it would be nice to have more original simulators, which The Challenge provides in spades.

• Profile photo of Malik
      Malik [Member] January 4, 2017 at 2:15 pm

BOTH. But if I had to choose, then Total Drama. It was my first <3

• Profile photo of Brant
    Brant [Admin] January 3, 2017 at 8:06 pm

For Option B, the new simulators would probably be determined by polls and not necessarily reality TV shows depending on the demand. There would need to be some competitive aspect to them.

• Kevin [Guest] January 4, 2017 at 9:27 am

I voted for Option B! Here I explain why… I really think that the option c is very atractive and likeable, but I would love that every two or three months at least (or a little more, I mean… I don’t know how much you can late making a simulator hahaha) we have some new release. There are a lot of templates of Big Brother or Survivor simulator (which I love, I admit it), but I think that it’s more kind of the same, meanwhile there are many competitions out there, with very unique concepts, which will be very interesting to make like: America’s Next Top Model, American Idol, The X Factor, The Voice, Miss USA / Universe, Masterchef… By the way, it will help to make this community grow, as it would attract more people from everywhere. In the community there are already a lot of Big Brother and Survivor fanatics (myself for example haha) but there are huge communities (I mean, reaaally huge, trust me…) of fanatics about those ones, for example. It could make BS to be known in other countries aswell, and to make it bigger an better.

By the way, and I already finish, I really think that making an interactive template, or a more logical season would take a lot of time, and don’t misunderstand me, I love logical seasons, but I would like to see some variety in the releases, and a Demo template of a different competition maybe would be easier…

• Profile photo of Brant
    Brant [Admin] January 3, 2017 at 8:07 pm

I’ll provide some more detail on Option C.

For Circle and Dog Eat Dog, this would basically mean new templates with different sizes.

For The Hunger Games Simulator, this could mean adding logic and new attributes.

For Survivor, this could mean a customizable interactive template similar to Big Brother’s Advanced/Future Template.

For Big Brother, this could mean making the current Future Template even more customizable?

• Joshua [Guest] January 3, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Is the Duel Sim coming tonight?

• Joshua [Guest] January 3, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Sorry I should have read more

• Profile photo of Brant
        Brant [Admin] January 3, 2017 at 8:34 pm

No worries. I’m not sure what time it will be ready. The past two weeks have been spent on Survivor, so I just started preparing this for release state. The challenges aren’t finished, and it needs cleaned up.

• Profile photo of Landon
    Landon [Member] January 3, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Is it bad that I want a combination of the options? Hahaha. I think the main things that I’m looking forward to is a Survivor Interactive/Merge Template and new simulators for New and old shows. I’m looking forward to everything that you guys have coming!

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] January 3, 2017 at 8:46 pm

It’s not bad. This poll is fairly limited, and a more specific one could be designed later just based on how the results for this one turn out.

I’d like to do a detailed survey, but most of the survey sites that would do this aren’t free, and it would take too long to program one.

• Profile photo of Chill Out
    Chill Out [Member] January 3, 2017 at 9:18 pm

I voted for Option A, I’d love to see more seasons of Total Drama added! At the very least, it’d be nice to have Total Drama Action because of the TDA Cast feature in the Island simulator.

• Profile photo of Brant
    Brant [Admin] January 3, 2017 at 10:04 pm

It’s close between ‘more Total Drama Island seasons’ and the ‘custom/interactive Survivor template’.

The results of these polls don’t necessarily mean it will happen because it’s very easy to manipulate the results of a Straw Poll, but it’s great to see user interest in the different options.

• Profile photo of Joshua
      Joshua [Member] January 4, 2017 at 12:30 am

“The results of these polls don’t necessarily mean it will happen”

Brant. All I want in this life is interactive survivor. Don’t tease me like this 🙁

• Matthew [Guest] January 4, 2017 at 1:20 am

This is so hard but some interactive choices for Survivor would be great so Option C!!!!
    But all 3 options are great, I hope they can all eventually be worked and completed.

• Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon [Member] January 4, 2017 at 2:09 am

I would like to see the rest of Total Drama added 😀
    But that’s just my opinion

• Profile photo of Malik
      Malik [Member] January 4, 2017 at 2:17 pm

YES! Survivor has plenty of seasons, which I’m siure some have logic and everything. Total Drama on the other hand, only has one season and we have to be fair and atleast have another season out of it, I.E. Total Drama Action.

• Hangover [Guest] January 4, 2017 at 2:33 am

I really want the seasons of survivor with the new system, like Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X simulator, (better logic, new events, alliances, etc) it’s possible? If so, would it take too long? I really wanted this coming out soon. Thanks for the wonderful work.

• Hangover [Guest] January 4, 2017 at 2:34 am

I’m using google translator, sorry for the english.

• Profile photo of Malik
    Malik [Member] January 4, 2017 at 2:24 pm

I don’t wanna exactly drop another sim on you but I aw this show recently and I thought it could be a good idea.

Idk if you know this how, but it’s a series called: Last Squad Standing.

The goal is to be the last person left, and you win the grand prize money for your squad.

There three squads of five. What happens is every round, they all compete to be safe from the cut and the pick, and only two of three squads can be safe every round. The squad that loses has to vote a squad member they think should be on the cut. When said squad member is up for the cut, they then can pick back another squad member they want up or think they can beat in the cut. After this, only the other squads can vote to stand behind either to save them from being cut. There was even one episode where someone survived the cut, and was allowed to cut someone from any squad and send them packing. This goes on until either one person is left, or there’s only one squad remaining. If there’s only one squad member left and they lose the challenge, the squad that’s in second place has to pick someone to go up for the cut so that one squad member has a fighting chance to stay.

Idk if there are any episodes online, but it does come on Oxygen, and I think it had it’s season finale last night. Thanks for listening if you see this <3

Account

Who’s Online

There are no users currently online

Twitter: brantsteele

Partnerships

Big Brother ORG Wiki - Play Big Brother online against groups of new people as you compete in competitions, build relationships and alliances, and conspire to take everyone out to win the game!

Survivor ORG Wiki - Experience the game of Survivor online. Strategize, make alliances, and take part in challenges as you play against people from all over the world.

Survivor Wiki - Study everything Survivor with Survivor Wiki's vast array of information on contestants, tribes, seasons, episode summaries, challenges, twists, and more!

Recent Reddit Posts