Feb

New Simulator!

Author Jacob    Category All, Updates     Tags

Before you ask – yes, this is real! It is not the Survivor Merge Template, but something else altogether (more on that inside).

A link to the simulator will be at the bottom of this blog post!

Not long ago, I discovered a movie called “Circle“. The concept was definitely intriguing.

For those who are unfamiliar, Circle is a movie that was filmed in 2014, released in mid 2015, and has been on-demand since late 2015 (this includes Netflix). The movie touches on social dynamics and includes a large group of individuals all with varying values, morals, and personal beliefs. Inspired by 12 Angry Men, the movie contains an intense, psychological presence as the movie moves without pause. Read more here.

So, what is it about Circle that made us want to create a simulator for it?

The premise is as follows. Fifty individuals wake up in a room with no knowledge of how they got there. Amid the panic and confusion, people begin to die without warning roughly every two minutes (the movie actually follows this I believe). The people soon discover that they have the ability to vote for each other which eventually leads to heated arguments between blocs of people with differing views and beliefs of who deserves to live and who should die. The cycle continues until only one person remains or everyone dies.

Alright! It sounds like an awesome concept, but how were we able to conjure up a set of guidelines for the simulator to follow? Research! The following rules are what we currently have from paying attention to details in the movie; If you notice something incorrect or missing, please let us know.

● Voting is not required.

● Individuals cannot vote for themselves.

○ Individuals can vote for dead people, but those votes are not counted.

● Stepping out of their individual circle kills them (essentially suicide/a sacrifice). Doing so resets the timer.

● If nobody votes, someone is killed at random.

○ If the vote is tied, a re-vote occurs.

◇ If the vote ties again, everyone still tied is killed.

◇ If nobody votes in the re-vote, someone in the tie is killed at random.

● It is possible for nobody to survive.

In terms of the cast, we have decided to use Game of Thrones as the default cast when one loads the simulator. Why? Why not!

We hope you enjoy Circle!

Circle Simulator

40 Comments to “New Simulator!”

• Profile photo of Luigimas
    Luigimas [Member] February 13, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Omg I loved Circle i was waiting for a simulator like this one to come out. THANKS A BUNCH!

• Profile photo of Garrett
    Garrett [Member] February 13, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Omg this is AMAZING!!!!

• Profile photo of Hunter
    Hunter [Member] February 13, 2016 at 3:37 pm

I have got to try this out. This looks very interesting

• Profile photo of SWSU
    SWSU [Member] February 13, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Ooooh boy. THis is gonna be good

• Profile photo of Rebby
    Rebby [Member] February 13, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Looks awesome. I’m trying it out now. Couple of questions:

-What’s the difference between Relationships and Sympathy?

-Is it possible to get vote totals? Like, ‘Bob received 5 votes; Lucy received 10 votes’, etc etc. It’s hard to track with 50 people.

• Profile photo of Lily Elise Johnson
    Lily Elise Johnson [Member] February 13, 2016 at 4:26 pm

this seems like it’ll take a while to get through…and thats lame, that only one person survives :'( mustve been a ruthless movie

• Profile photo of Alf
    Alf [Member] February 13, 2016 at 4:28 pm

I love you guys so much for adding this one. Circle was a good movie!

• Profile photo of Shane
    Shane [Member] February 13, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Haven’t seen the movie, but it sounds like a fun concept!

• Profile photo of Tim
    Tim [Member] February 13, 2016 at 5:40 pm

This should be entertaining. Haven’t seen the actual movie though.

• Profile photo of Simon
    Simon [Member] February 13, 2016 at 6:01 pm

How much are we betting that I get second in the community simulator for this one?

• Profile photo of Tim
      Tim [Member] February 13, 2016 at 9:34 pm

I’m just hoping my name finally gets called to play in one of these.

• Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon [Member] February 13, 2016 at 7:02 pm

OMG Could you imagine the elimination table for a season like this?
    But CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! XD

• Profile photo of Rebby
      Rebby [Member] February 13, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Hehe, I’d do it if I could fit it all into one screen. It’d be kinda tough to read split into multiple sections.

• Profile photo of FluffehBunneh
    FluffehBunneh [Member] February 13, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Omfg, to enjoy the sim more watch the movie!!! If you just do the sim its like, oh this person randomly died, by watching the movie its like ooooh that was a nice thing/horrible to do. It adds more context to the sim basically.

• Profile photo of Domonic
    Domonic [Member] February 13, 2016 at 9:07 pm

will this be interactive soon

• TD Fan 123987 [Guest] February 14, 2016 at 2:47 am

THIS!

• Profile photo of Domonic
    Domonic [Member] February 13, 2016 at 9:08 pm

and yes do a community season with this

• Patton [Guest] February 13, 2016 at 9:13 pm

I just have 1 quick question are you going to add story depth to it because it is rlly hard to understand whats going on.

• Profile photo of Chris
    Chris [Member] February 13, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Interesting! I do think it may require some adjustments, though. I set some relationships to unbreakable + permanent and yet these relationships still voted each other out for seemingly no reason. Also the stats overall could use some context. I have no idea what setting their profiles affects, if anything. I imagine some events will be incorporated down the line that would utilize these stats. Good start, though. I’ll have to check out the movie.

• Noah [Guest] February 13, 2016 at 11:38 pm

Perhaps we could add something that created events? Like [contestant] says something obnoxious and that lowers everyone’s relationships with that player? I just feel like 50 votes, 49 votes, etc. can get kind of boring without a storyline to back it up.

• TD Fan 123987 [Guest] February 14, 2016 at 2:47 am

THIS TOO!

• Profile photo of Drew
    Drew [Member] February 14, 2016 at 1:03 am

This is awesome, the movie was amazing and it’s great that there’s a simulator for it now!!

• Profile photo of Nick
      Nick [Member] February 14, 2016 at 1:19 am

I just finished the movie too!! The ending was a bit blah, but everything else was AMAZING!!

• Profile photo of starbucksney
    starbucksney [Member] February 14, 2016 at 3:09 am

Where’s the BBUK and Apprentice simulator tho

• Profile photo of Euan
    Euan [Member] February 14, 2016 at 8:42 am

Ooh this looks really interesting!

• Profile photo of Mitch
    Mitch [Member] February 14, 2016 at 6:28 pm

i love this movie 😀

• Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon [Member] February 14, 2016 at 8:14 pm

I just saw it. Amazing movie!

• Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon [Member] February 14, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Needs more stats, like how many votes each person got each episode

• Profile photo of Hunter
    Hunter [Member] February 15, 2016 at 12:54 am

At one point I had a five way tie, where everyone had gotten 2 votes. There were a few times in a row where an unanimous vote was taken, which was interesting at first, but it hadn’t way too frequently when I got to the final 10. It may have because I reset everything and just ran it.

But I do hope that their will be a way to play a smaller game of this at some point. Not saying now, but it would be cool.

All in all though it was a very simple complex that lead to a very interesting simulator for me.

• Profile photo of The Masked Llama
    The Masked Llama [Member] February 15, 2016 at 6:53 am

This is just me, but I thought the wrong person survived in the movie, at least from an entertainment viewpoint. I didn’t even notice they were there until around the final ten or so, but I guess that was their strategy. I wish the guy who came in fifth had made it out, mostly because I sided with his faction during the movie. I sided with his faction because I feel that’s the argument I would have made in that situation, but that’s just me. The movie’s excellent at addressing key issues in society, so I’d definitely recommend it to watch. It’s fantastic up until the last five or so minutes, in my opinion, but that’s a whole of other minutes worth spending on the movie.

• Profile photo of Rebby
      Rebby [Member] February 15, 2016 at 2:31 pm

He was vocal from the beginning. He was the one at the start that remembered running down the street and being pulled up onto the ship. He was also the one that broke the first tie when the long-haired guy tried to get the pregnant girl out when the whole group was trying to give everyone one vote. So he had his fair amount of airtime.

I think the movie should have ended right when he ‘won’ and just left out the whole thing AFTER that, outside the ship, thus leaving it questionable to the view what happens. I didn’t like how they spelled it out. The actual person winning didn’t bother me.

• Profile photo of The Masked Llama
        The Masked Llama [Member] February 16, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Yeah, but he wasn’t really someone I was paying attention to, unlike the long-haired guy, or the banker, or illegal immigrant, or the cancer survivor, or the religious guy, or the fake couple, or the child and pregnant woman, or the college guy in the beginning, or the black guy, or the police officer, or the soldier, or the Asian guy, or the thug the cop points out, or even the immigrant’s translator and the affair couple. He just seemed generic to me in a sea of strong personalities.

• Romanian [Guest] February 15, 2016 at 12:37 pm

I found a glitch where the last character randomly duplicates himself over another person.
    Proof: bit.ly/1QDAdoC

• Profile photo of coolkyledude
    coolkyledude [Member] February 15, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Just out of curiosity, how do the different Profile attributes affect the simulator? Some of them are pretty ambiguous.

• Joey [Guest] February 15, 2016 at 8:21 pm

its possible a Big Brother Brasil simulator?

• Profile photo of Matt
    Matt [Member] February 16, 2016 at 9:50 am

This is interesting. But I think I’ll have to watch the movie before I get into this simulator

• Profile photo of Malik
    Malik [Member] February 16, 2016 at 11:15 am

I actually really like this simulator. It’s actually very cool, and a nice surprise.

One question though. Do you plan on possibly adding an event system to it? I think it’d make it more interesting if some of the cast had arguments over the voting and beliefs, and personal things, idk.

But otherwise great job! 😀

• Profile photo of Germanotta
    Germanotta [Member] February 16, 2016 at 12:35 pm

😍😍

• Profile photo of hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia
    hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia [Member] February 16, 2016 at 8:19 pm

You should do an amazing race simulator

• Profile photo of Malik
    Malik [Member] February 16, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Um Brant and Jacob, I noticed an error with the casting. When you edit the cast, the person on the bottom right corner will change to the person next to it. and it will repeat of you don’t change either of them.

Account

Who’s Online

There are no users currently online

Twitter: brantsteele

Partnerships

Big Brother ORG Wiki - Play Big Brother online against groups of new people as you compete in competitions, build relationships and alliances, and conspire to take everyone out to win the game!

Survivor ORG Wiki - Experience the game of Survivor online. Strategize, make alliances, and take part in challenges as you play against people from all over the world.

Survivor Wiki - Study everything Survivor with Survivor Wiki's vast array of information on contestants, tribes, seasons, episode summaries, challenges, twists, and more!

Recent Reddit Posts