Jun

Hunger Games Simulator Event Update

Author Brant    Category All, Updates     Tags

For a few months, the ability to remove the default events and replace them with your own has been teased for the Hunger Games Simulator. This update has now been completed.

The previous events links have been replaced by a single Modify Events option. This will initially list all of the standard events. You can Remove the events you don’t want or Clear All if you don’t want to use any of those provided. If you change your mind and want to go back to using the standard events, you can Reset to Default. It’s important to have at least one event that involves a single player for the season to function normally. Your modified events will save with your saved seasons if you want to reuse them.

Due to the traffic increase, the BrantSteele.net server was upgraded twice earlier. Ads may appear on the Hunger Games Simulator for a brief period of time to support the server until traffic stabilizes and it can be downgraded.

More updated are coming this week. Don’t forget to sign up for the Survivor 31 Prediction Game by this Sunday night if you haven’t already.

Update: Your previous Custom Events from saved seasons using the old event system are now loaded in the new season.

18 Comments to “Hunger Games Simulator Event Update”

• Anonymous [Guest] June 4, 2015 at 4:10 am

Thank you for the update at last!

However though, the events that were made before the update have been wiped out & I didn’t make a backup of them.

Is there anything that can be done about this or do I have to re-add the thousands of them again?

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] June 4, 2015 at 11:25 am

I’m glad you brought that up. I’m thinking about for loaded saved seasons that were version 1.00 (before the changes), automatically importing the previous custom events into the event list. I’ll probably do this.

• Anonymous [Guest] June 4, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Thanks for getting the old events into the new system, saves me a lot of time from rebuilding the code.

However, a bug persists though.

When a custom event gets deleted, all the other ones disappear with it & it goes back to the vanilla list, it doesn’t happen when I delete a vanilla event or when I add another custom one.

Can you look into this?

• Anonymous Gamemaker [Guest] June 4, 2015 at 4:14 am

I suggest the ability to assign skill levels to each tribute (and those skill levels affecting results of events) to be included next. The training scores of 1-12 (with 12 being highest) from the original Hunger Games could be used as a basis for this.

• Ricky [Guest] June 4, 2015 at 5:29 am

For the Big Brother Simulator,

Can you please explain how “__ was voted out for being a challenge threat” works? I was up for nomination with someone else and 4 players gave that reasoning when the OTHER person already had won an HOH, I had repeatedly thrown challenges and placed lower than the other nominee in challenges.

• Profile photo of Landon
    Landon [Member] June 4, 2015 at 6:31 am

When is the final survivor revamp and bbcan3 simulator coming out? Just curious. I’m very excited to use them!

• Profile photo of Eddie
      Eddie [Member] June 4, 2015 at 8:11 am

I’m wondering the same!

• Profile photo of Brant
      Brant [Admin] June 4, 2015 at 11:27 am

Hopefully this week. That Hunger Games Update was in progress for a few months and took about an extra 2 days because of the high traffic. Now there’s more time to focus on the other updates.

• Profile photo of Raven
    Raven [Member] June 4, 2015 at 11:38 pm

I noticed you mentioned this before in a post, but in the big brother revamp: test the competition options do not correspond with the results. Typically I even do better in the competitions that I choose to throw than those I choose to try my best in (especially PoVs). I was playing interactively with all my competition settings on beast and with 16 house guests. I chose to put in my best effort for every competition, and my first competition win was in the final 4 HoH and I never even placed in the top 3 on a PoV. Also, logic does not seem to work during the PoV ceremony… If the HoH has an unbreakable relationship with someone (s)he appears to be just as likely to nominate them as any other houseguest. Also, usually the PoV holder does not usually save the person they have an unbreakable relationship with if they win. Sorry for the long post.

• Eddie [Guest] June 5, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Yo, Total Drama fan here and I’ve always wanted to simulate the Total Drama Island on here but the maximum a Survivor simulator uses is 20. Can you guys either make a simulator for the first 6 seasons of Total Drama or make a Survivor Template that goes up to 24 people?

• Profile photo of Josh
    Josh [Member] June 5, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Hey, I was just curious as to when the Survivor Revamps might be put into demo mode with saving enabled??

I know you guys are probably super busy, so if you don’t have time to answer that’s fine.

Thanks for all the work you both put into this site to make it the amazing site it is.

• Profile photo of Evan
    Evan [Member] June 7, 2015 at 1:07 am

um when are you gonna add the new bbuk housemates in?

• Profile photo of The Masked Llama
      The Masked Llama [Member] June 7, 2015 at 6:51 am

If you mean the ongoing civilian series, then they’ve already been added.

• Profile photo of Andy
        Andy [Member] June 7, 2015 at 10:42 am

No they added three new housemates in Big brother UK like two weeks ago

• Eddie [Guest] June 7, 2015 at 10:04 am

What does it mean when it says, ‘Your comment is awaiting modification’?

• Profile photo of Joel
    Joel [Member] June 8, 2015 at 11:56 am

Are Sunday updates no longer a thing? 🙁 Two weeks in a row without one.

• Profile photo of Addison
    Addison [Member] June 9, 2015 at 8:35 am

After the BBUS and Survivor revamps are done, would BBUK be likely the next show to get a simulation, or is it looking like it’s going to be something else?

• Profile photo of Landon
    Landon [Member] June 10, 2015 at 5:56 pm

How much longer till the BBCan sim?

Account

Who’s Online

There are no users currently online

Twitter: brantsteele

Partnerships

Big Brother ORG Wiki - Play Big Brother online against groups of new people as you compete in competitions, build relationships and alliances, and conspire to take everyone out to win the game!

Survivor ORG Wiki - Experience the game of Survivor online. Strategize, make alliances, and take part in challenges as you play against people from all over the world.

Survivor Wiki - Study everything Survivor with Survivor Wiki's vast array of information on contestants, tribes, seasons, episode summaries, challenges, twists, and more!

Recent Reddit Posts